Friday, April 9, 2010

I need ADHD advice. Do you have any?

I love my son to death and I fought very hard to have him adopted by my husband.  He lived with me all his life and then my ex husband was awarded custody because my husband and I moved out of state without his permission.  So for two years I fought to get him back and my ex gave him up for adoption.  So my husband adopted him.  My son has had problems since the age of 2.  He was on medicine and was diagnosed with ADHD.  When he moved in with my ex he wasn't taking the meds anymore.  My ex claimed he didn't have a problem and I just wanted to medicate him to make him sleep.  While in my ex's care the courts had him go to a doctor and he was diagnosed again of ADHD. 

Well, now I am having such a problem with his behavior.  My hands are in the air.  What am I supposed to do?  He has tried so many different types of drugs and his behavior is still out of control.  He is violent and has severe mood swings.  I have no idea where to go from here.  He see's the school counselor and he seems to be ok while at school with his behavior that is. 

I need some advice.  I am so angry at the damage that my ex did to this little boy.  He was brainwashed and denied his medicine.  I have a very angry child that needs help.  My hands are in the air and I don't know what to do.